All Decked Out are one of Melbourne's best timber deck builders. We know that for many people, nothing can replace the look and feel of natural timber when it comes to building and enjoying a new deck.
We use lots of different timbers including merbau and spotted gum. These are very popular timbers for decks but there are lots of others to choose from. These include blackbutt, grey ironbark, jarrah, kapur, karri, red ironbark, river redgum and tallowwood and treated pine
Factors to consider when choosing the right timber for your deck include:
- What your preferred shade of colour is for your new deck? For example do you prefer a yellow, orange, red or brown hued timber
- Do you live in a bush fire prone area? If you do, then spotted gum, jarrah and blackbutt timber are good choices
- Are you are looking for an environmentally friendly option? Then spotted gum is a good choice as a lot of this timber is grown on plantations
- Got a tight budget? If so, then treated pine is a great option
- Want something that lasts a long time? Ironbark has the reputation as a very long lasting timber
- Worried about pests - especially termites? If so, merbau is pest and termite resistant
Timber Deck Selection
As specialist timber deck builders we know that only quality timber is functional, visually attractive and enhances your outdoor living experience. In addition, it increases the value of your home. That's why it is so important to choose the right timber for your decking project. The following is a selection of popular timbers used for decks in Melbourne:
The added advantage of natural timber decking is that it blends seamlessly with your home and surrounds. This is especially true if you have natural floorboards in your home. Your new deck will create a seamless extension to your outdoor living area.
Better still, as timber decks are low maintenance you will have more time to enjoy your new deck. This is because timber decks are less likely to scratch and be marked. When they need a clean, a quick pressure wash is the best way to go.