Outdoor entertaining in Bentleigh East
We recently completed an outdoor entertaining project in Bentleigh East, a South Eastern suburb in Melbourne. A great outdoor living space has been created. Design of the deck was a bit unusual as we wanted to save a tree from being cut down.
Not only have we saved the tree but created a natural shady spot on the deck. This is a great enhancement when entertaining during Melbourne’s hot summers.
We also added more privacy by adding a privacy screen above a fence. As this decking was at the front part of the house privacy was very important. For this reason steps were required to be added at the front of the home, but in a way that still provided privacy from the street.
Some of the features of this project include:
- merbau timber decking with two tier level
- Decking worked around tree to add a shade feature for summer
- High fence using vertical slats to add extra privacy
- Steps and railing to access the decking, whilst still retaining privacy
- Access to space under the decking